Monday, December 24, 2012

happy at home

It's christmas eve, and I'm sitting in our house. It's been nearly two months since we spent our first night here, so we're feeling very settled. I still get these moments where I think WOW, we did it! We have a house! And christmas eve is certainly a night where that really hits home. Our house is so cozy and pretty right now. It smells like oranges, cranberries, and cinnamon from the pot I have had bubbling on the stove to make the house smell nice. It smells like chocolate cake from the dessert I made for christmas dinner tomorrow. It's lit up enough from white christmas lights alone. I thought I would put together some pictures of our decorations from this year. I'm sure I will love looking back at them, the pictures from our first christmas. And while it may be our first christmas here, I figured out earlier that this is our little house's 71st christmas!
Tonight we made a last minute trip to Target for baking materials, and then went and got dinner from a Thai restaurant nearby. When we got home, I did some baking for tomorrow-the cake mentioned above, plus I put together baked french toast for the morning. I follow The Pioneer Woman's recipe and it's perfect because it goes straight in the over in the morning-no work involved! After I did my baking and breakfast prep, I put out luminaries on our walk way. When I was a little girl I always loved luminaries. Now I have my own house to put them out at! I used clear mason jars and little tea lights. Plus we got some snow tonight! Our snowy yard and mason jar luminaries are just too much, I could look at these pictures all night!




Once they were outside and lit, Will and I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time. This night pretty much could not have been better. I am feeling happy, happy, happy to be home!


these lights around the garage window ended up being one of my favorite parts of our outdoor decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment