Wednesday, March 20, 2013

spring! (sort of)

This week I've had many discussions with first graders about how even though the calendar sometimes says "spring", it might not feel like it. And the temperatures this week definitely do not feel like it! Even so, my decorating thoughts are moving outside. I can't wait to plant flowers, work on putting a patio in the back yard, and work on the outside painting projects I've been waiting on. This past weekend I took on one of those outside projects, re-doing our house address numbers and mail box.

The numbers before were so, so ugly. Ripping them off was so satisfying! I've been driving up and admiring the new porch view all week :-)

We bought a new porch light which is close to the same finish as the color that I sprayed the mail box and address plate, and our electrician is coming out this weekend to install it. I can't wait to be able to turn on the porch light in the evenings! Once it gets warm out, I want to spray the silver aluminum storm  door the same color as the mail box and address plate.


In other house news, I painted one of the main floor bedrooms which is going to be our office. It's a charcoal grey color with lots of green undertones and it looks amazing with the white trim, the thick ceiling border along the top, and the floors. This room on pinterest was the inspiration: Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter color matched into Olympic non-VOC.



I loooove the old door knobs! I'll need to take a close up picture of them soon because they are just lovely. They are original to the house and they add so much character.We've yet to move in any furniture into the office, but it will be so nice to have another functioning space on the first floor.

Only one more room to paint on the first floor, the guest room/future baby room! I already have a paint sample up on the wall and I'm hoping to get it done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment