Tuesday, November 6, 2012

getting to know our front yard


I wasn't planning on doing anything at the house today. My plan was to go straight to vote after work, and from facebook posts throughout the day, I was expecting quite a wait! I was pleasantly surprised to be in and out in 15 minutes though. Abby was at doggy day care today, so I didn't have to rush home, and I thought I might as well go over to the house and do something. The leaves covering the front lawn were calling me, so I raked! I'm definitely not someone who is bothered by a few leaves on the lawn, but getting most of them up made the house look a lot more well-kept from the street. I haven't spent a whole lot of time outside either, so it was nice to get to know the front of the house and start thinking about planting next spring! Can't wait! I also cannot wait to decorate for christmas out front. Without a doubt, I will be out there the day after Thanksgiving :-)

A neighbor stopped by to introduce himself while I was raking, and seemed very happy that someone was in the house. Working on the yard is the best way to meet neighbors! People in the neighborhood have been so welcoming and friendly, and I swear I have talked to our house neighbors more in one week of house ownership than I did with our apartment neighbors in three years of renting.

Tomorrow is a big painting day! I'm planning on getting painting started in the kitchen. I'm excited to moving away from the priming stage and onto the real PAINT stage!


No comments:

Post a Comment