Monday, November 26, 2012

we live here now!:::a house tour

After a marathon day of moving during my day off on Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving), Will and I spent our first night at the house. It definitely felt a little weird, and it definitely didn't feel like home. We spent our first morning, which happened to be Thanksgiving, baking cinnamon rolls in our new oven and drinking coffee. I'm happy to report that each night since has been a little better, and sleep has been more sound every night. It still feels a little like we're staying at a nice hotel rather than our home, but it is certainly becoming more and more comfortable.

In terms of the actual moving process, the house is looking really great. There are still many boxes to unpack, but I don't expect that part of things to be better any time soon, and because I at least know which box things are in, I am ok with that! I've also been distracted from unpacking by christmas decorating. I put lights in the front yard and a few things inside too, which you can see below....


Then....

<---anytime I'm feeling like I wish we had more done in the house, I'm going to look at these pictures!--->


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
  Now...



newly painted dark olive side  door. Our front door, shutters, and garage door will be this same color next spring


























 And that's where the pretty ends, haha, here is the rest of the house:









these stairs to our bedroom don't look great, but they are a million times cleaner than they were even just a week ago


our curtain situation obviously needs some help, but we have a new bed!


I can't wait to paint and put in carpet, but for now, the basement is slowly getting better


No comments:

Post a Comment