Saturday, November 17, 2012

1941, meet 2012

In the last few days, the house has really come together.

We now have:

a gated fence for Abby
a nearly complete kitchen
it is looking so good! I just need to install the new hardware

a reminder of where we started! This 'before' picture does a nice job of masking the dirt and years of age that were scrubbed/primed/spackled/sanded away

new floors in process

so long, glitter gold floors!

a new stove

sanded and stained floors

the entire first floor is now stained in "Jacobean" with a satin finish and I love it!

 Plus some changes I forgot to get on camera, like a flower bed that I dug along the driveway for tulip bulbs, a painted and newly dry walled master bedroom ceiling, and lots of cleaning in the basement.

Tomorrow we start moving in furniture! The plan is to spend a few more night in our apartment and we will most likely be spending our first night in our new house by the end of the week! I'm really hoping to have most of the moving done by Friday so that I can put up christmas lights that day, SO excited for the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment